Thanks for stopping by. This site is a work in progress and I plan on writing for many more years. -January, 2020
This site explores the history of the greater Piscataqua region from 12,000 years ago to the 17th century. I’m starting with colonial settlements and I plan on writing about the various Native American groups who lives in the region.
To Search in chronological order, use the menu bar at the top. To search by town, use the tags to the right. Future blog posts will cover topics such as stone walls, architecture, industry, culture and religion, war, and other topics.
Recommended reading order:
- Ferdinando Gorges
- John Mason
- Panaway Odiorne Rye
- Cocheco Hilton Point Dover
- Watt’s Fort Eliot
- Quamphegan Newichawannock South Berwick
- Strawberry Banke Portsmouth
- Agamenticus Gorgeana York
- Sturgeon Creek Villiage Eliot
- Frankfort Island
- The Castle Fort William and Mary New Castle